- Match kids impacted by a loved one’s cancer with an adult who’s had a similar experience.
- This “friendship” lasts one year, spending 6 to 8 hours a month together participating in activities out in the community.
- Through this friendship the children have an advocate who can offer guidance and give them the individualized attention they need.
- Between the ages of 7 to 17
- Have a parent or sibling with cancer, who has passed away from cancer, or is in remission from cancer
- Struggling to deal with the aftermath cancer can cause
- 18+ years old
- Loves working with kids
- Impacted by cancer (either witnessing a loved one’s battle or is a cancer survivor)
- Background check (LiveScan fingerprinting) & TB test required
- Willing to commit 6-8 hours/month for 1 yr