- Match kids impacted by a loved one’s cancer with an adult who’s had a similar experience.
- This “friendship” lasts one year, spending 6-8 hours a month together participating in activities out in the community.
- Through this friendship, the children have an advocate who can offer guidance and give them the individualized attention they need.
- Between the ages of 7 to 17
- Have a parent, guardian, or sibling with cancer, who has passed away from cancer, is going through cancer, or is in remission from cancer.
- Struggling to deal with the aftermath cancer can cause.
- 22+ years old
- Loves working with kids
- Has been impacted by cancer – either witnessing a loved one’s battle or is a cancer survivor
- Background check
– LiveScan fingerprinting
– TB Test
- Willing to commit 6-8 hours monthly for at least one year.